June 28, 2009

OSLC Library Week One

Week One was busy putting shelves together. Last week we spent about 4 hours cleaning the shelves off - considering it had been through a fire, stored in a warehouse for two years (think home to pigeons!) and our garage for another year (think lots of sawdust) it wasn't as bad a job as I was expecting!

On Sunday afternoon we spent about 3 hours and 2 trips to a Hibbing hardware store (or as my husband says - "The Dad Mall") assembling the shelves with just a few pieces to spare! The shelves look really great and will double our current shelving capacity.

It took about 8 hours on evenings throughout the week to move all of the books onto these shelves so our current shelves could be dismantled. Today we spent 3 1/2 hours dismantling our current shelves and moving them down to our temporary storage area. Including time to carefully mark the shelve so we could easily put them back together again when the ceiling, carpeting and painting is done!

This week we start moving furniture and our initial demolition of the walls and ceilings.